• • 🌱 Seedling • 1 min read
- Use SMART notes/goals
- 3 core components; structure, drilling, practice. These components should touch on all 4 language skills (reading, writing, listening, speaking).
- Structure is learning the basics and building knowledge of a language, generally via a course of some type.
- Drilling reinforces the leaning in the structure phase. Flash cards are a good option here.
- Practice uses input and output to further deepen language skills.
- At some point your resources will get too easy, somyou should move onto something more challenging.
- Start with roughly a third of your time on each core component and adjust as needed.
- Have a study routine with ideally at least one hour of study a day.
- If possible, spread your learning through the day.
- Use resources you enjoy to maintain motivation.
Real life(ish) examples of the language. Should be both comprehensible and interesting to you.