Weekly experiments backlog
This is a backlog for potential weekly experiments. They're split into 3 categories:
- (+) indicates the experiment adds a new activity and takes up more of my time.
- (-) indicates a change in a current habit that should theoretically free up some of my time.
- No suffix indicates the experiment has no impact on my time usage, or that it could go either way.
I organised it this way after reflecting that I have a bad habit of saying I'll do more than I can actually do in the time that I have (see Four Thousand Weeks as this is basically the central thesis of the book). So if for one week I do an experiment that adds to my schedule, the next week I'll aim to do an experiment that counter-balances that.
- Walk my daughter to school (+)
- Use Moonlander (+)
- Do some birdwatching (+)
- Spend time using iNaturalist (+)
- Make healthy lunches when working at home (+)
- Drink tea instead of coffee
- Keep strictly to sleep times
- Use Reddit more intentionally
- Stop using weasel words when I write
- Start to read at 10pm every night
- Switch back and forth between fiction and non-fiction books
- Run my work environment in a VM